The Meridian Star
Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 7:50 a.m. Tuesday and 7:50 a.m. Wednesday:
• Burglary-commercial building, cars (two counts) – Daniel Robert Baxley, 29, 1636 59th Place, Meridian. Baxley also faces charges for motor vehicle theft-felony and is being held for investigation.
• Simple assault-attempt to create fear – Phillip Nathanial Gomillion 26, 812 70th Place, Meridian.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 7:50 a.m. Tuesday and 7:50 a.m. Wednesday:
• Felony malicious mischief/vandalism – Shakayla Geneva Gordon, 20, 10790 Road 553, Philadelphia.
• Sale of controlled substance – Julius Hall, 50, 5708 First St., Meridian.
• Driving Under the Influence (DUI), first offense – Sarita Shardae Jenkins, 25, 3489 North Shore Drive, Toomsuba. Jenkins also faces charges for careless driving.
• Probation violation — Eugene Ashburn Johnson Jr., 29, 4095 Chunky-Duffee Road, Chunky.
• Felony malicious mischief/vandalism – Courtney Wood, 21, 10401 Road 632, Philadelphia.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents between 7:50 a.m. Tuesday and 7:50 a.m. Wednesday:
• 11100 block of Summit Chapel Road, Collinsville.
• 6300 block of Luther Ray Cobb Road, Lauderdale
• Lindley Road, Marion.
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following emergency runs on Wednesday:
• Extrication of victim Zero Road
• Lock-in North Frontage Road
• Vehicle/pedestrian Highway 80 West
• Vehicle fire I-20
The Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire departments reported the following emergency runs on Wednesday:
• Accident, with injuries Zero Road (Long Creek)
• Accident, with injuries Highway 19 (Causeyville)
• Accident, with injuries Aycock Road (Long Creek)
• EMS Pine Springs Road (Suqualena)
• Accident, with injuries Highway 493 (Bailey)
• Vehicle fire I-20 (Russell)
Metro Ambulance reported 34 emergency runs Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.