MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday.
• DUI — Roby L. Curtis, 21, 2226 35th Ave., Meridian.
• Simple assault — Markulis D. Hampton, 36, 4020 26th St., Meridian.
• Shoplifting — Larry Portis, 55, 803 29th St., Meridian.
• Possession of marijuana — Barry D. Robinson Jr., 32, 1529 47th Ave., Meridian.
• Armed robbery — Kawame M. Shannon, 52, 3302 Railroad St., Meridian.
• Stalking — Dominick P. Jackson, born 1979, 60th Ave., Meridian.
• Assault — LaPorsha Rhone, born 1994, 58th Pl., Meridian.
• DUI — John A. Musick, born 1969, Houston, Texas.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents between 8 a.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday.
Meridian Police are investigating a commercial burglary that occurred in the 1000 block of 18th Street. Police were alerted to the crime at 7:24 a.m. Entry was made through the roof and money was stolen.
Meridian Police are investigating a stolen vehicle case involving a motorcycle that occurred on Wednesday in the 4900 block of Arthur Street. Police were alerted to the crime at 12:51 p.m. Police are searching for a blue 2007 Suzuki motorcycle displaying a tag of 2593. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 601-485-1860.
Police are also investigating another stolen vehicle case that occurred Wednesday. Police were notified at 1:07 p.m. about the crime and were told a man was paid in counterfeit money for a car purchase. Police are searching for a 2007 Dodge Magnum, silver, with no tag. Again, if anyone has information about the vehicle they are asked to call Crimestoppers.
Police were called to the 500 block of Highway 19 North Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. on a call of an auto burglary. The owner showed police where entry was made through the window and a purse was were stolen from the vehicle.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday.