MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• DUI — Darnell A. Walker, 44, 916 62nd Ave., Meridian.
• Giving false information — Jeremy D. Williams, 22, 4301 Hwy. 496, Meridian.
• Simple assault — Alex Lung, born 1962, Hwy. 19 N., Meridian.
• Petty larceny — Jeanie M. Smith-Davis, born 1980, Hwy. 19 N., Meridian.
• Possession of marijuana — Kevin Bryant, born 1975, Nester Road, Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
Meridian police are investigating a commercial burglary that occurred in the 500 block of Azalea Drive. It is unknown what time this crime occurred.
Tuesday, Meridian police were alerted to a strong armed robbery that occurred in the 2000 block of 26th Avenue. The victim advised police he was robbed by force by someone he knew who came into his home and robbed him. This incident is under investigation.
Meridian police are investigating one residential burglary that occurred on Tuesday. Officers responded to a home in the 1500 block of Eighth Avenue at 6:00 a.m. Upon arrival they met with the homeowner who showed them where entry was made into the home through a window. Money was stolen from the home. When more details are available they will be released.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Failure to appear in justice court — Courtney L. Griffith, 31, 10205 Morgan Road, Meridian.
• Possession of methamphetamine — Joshua A. Jones, 29, 3020 Nester Road, Meridian.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents from 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• 7600 block Pine Springs Road, Meridian.
• 6500 block Stennis Road, Meridian.
• 3200 block Russell Camp Road, Meridian.
Mississippi Highway Patrol
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop H reported no arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.