WHAT IT MEANS
AB — Appearance bond
MASEP — Mississippi Alcohol Safety Education Program
DUI — Driving under the influence
ISP — Intensive supervision probation
VIP — Victim Impact Panel
MDOC — Mississippi Department of Corrections
PRS — Post-release supervision
FTHVUC — Failure to have vehicle under control
FTYROW — Failure to yield right of way
• Bench warrant — An arrest warrant issued by a judge when a defendant fails to show up for a scheduled court appearance
• Dismissed with prejudice — The defendant cannot be brought up for trial again on the same charge.
• Dismissed without prejudice — The defendant can be brought up for trial again on the same charge.
• Nolo contendere — Latin for “no contest.” A plea of “nolo contendere” means that the defendant neither admits nor denies the charges, but agrees to accept punishment. It differs from a guilty plea in that it cannot be used against the defendant in any subsequent proceeding.
• Non-adjudication — Means the defendant’s record will be expunged if he/she successfully completes probation and complies with the court’s instructions.
The following list of criminal cases heard the last week in Lauderdale County Circuit Court was furnished by District Attorney Bilbo Mitchell.
• Anthony Taylor, felon in possession of a firearm, three years MDOC, two years eigh months suspended, three years PRS, fines, fees and court costs
• Richard Singleton, possession of methamphetamine, sentencing set for Aug. 22.
• Gerald Terrell, violation of Mississippi Department of Health Order seven counts, for each count, five years suspended, restitution, fines, fees and court costs
• Clyde Bolts, unauthorized copying of recordings, two years MDOC, two years suspended, two years non report probation, fines, fees and court costs
• Mary E. Harris, larceny under lease, two years MDOC, two years suspended, two years supervised probation, restitution, fines, fees and court costs
• L.A. Cotrill, obtaining controlled substance by fraud, three years MDOC, three years suspended, three years probation, fines, fees and court costs
WHAT IT MEANS
- Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Reports: 4-24-14
- Law Enforcement Reports: 4-23-14
- Law Enforcement Reports: 4-22-14
- Marriages and Divorces Apr. 20, 2014
- Marriages & Divorces: Sunday, April 20, 2014
- Law Enforcement Reports: 4-19-14
- Law Enforcement Reports: 4-18-14
- Law Enforcement Reports: 4-17-14
- Law Enforcement 04-16-14
- Law Enforcement Reports: 4-15-14
- More Law Enforcement Headlines