The Meridian Star
Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 9:30 a.m. Thursday and 9:30 a.m. Friday:
• Disorderly conduct/Failure to obey law enforcement officer – Dominique Manchez Abel, 30, 3411 Hillside Road, Meridian. Abel also faces a charge for public drunkenness.
• Disorderly conduct/Failure to obey law enforcement officer – Otis Ivey Jr., 46, Box 15, Route 2, Meridian. Ivey also faces a charge for resisting arrest.
• Possession of methamphetamine with intent – Barbie Lee Ivy, 26, 1931 Ninth Ave., Stonewall.
• Simple assault/Domestic – Leo Gibbs, 44, 1608 10th Ave.
• Disturbance of business – Charles Johnson, 46, 4524 Highway 39 North • Shoplifting – Amy Trussell, 49, 4503 26th St.
• Public drunk – Dominique M. Abel, 31, 616 21st St. Abel also faces a charge for disorderly conduct.
• Disorderly conduct – Hanna S. Ivey, 22, 2599 Highway 18 E., Quitman. Ivey also faces a charge for resisting arrest.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from Thursday to Friday:
• Victim came into the Meridian Police Department and reported vehicle was entered and item missing. There are no suspects in this case.
• 1600 block of 19th Street.
• 4900 block of 14th Street
Meridian police officers responded to 5 shots-fired calls; they were unable to locate evidence to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 9:30 a.m. Thursday and 9:30 a.m. Friday:
• Driving Under the Influence (DUI), first offense – Christopher Collins Dickerson, 28, 2684 Highway 496 3, Meridian. Dickerson also faces charges for possession of marijuana in vehicle, driving with a suspended license, careless driving, driving without liability insurance and obstruting traffic.
• Possession of cocaine – Bertha Denise Gowdy, 48, 3335 Old Lauderdale Road, Lauderdale. Gowdy also faces charges for DUI (first offense) and domestic violence-simple assault.
• Burglary-dwelling house – Jeremy B. Hill, 35, 8012 Highway 90, Bay St. Louis.
• Probation violation/Parole – Viriccus S. Hill, 32, 1859 Hick St., Augusta, Ga.
• Sale of cocaine – Lorenzo C. Lee, 35, 5 Hollis Jones Road, Tylertown.
• DUI, second offense – Sue Ellen Rash, 24, 5050 Fisher Road, Meridian.
• Unauthorized use of vehicle (joy riding) – Jennifer Ann Reed, 40, 4794 Long Creek Water Road, Meridian. Reed also faces a charge for contempt of court.
• Manufacturing of controlled substance – Justin Ray Todd, 35, 6900 Spring Water St., Moss Point.
• Probation violation/Parole – Phillip Tolible, 27, 619 West Sunset Drive, Brandon.
• DUI, first offense – Robin Williams, 37, 6434 Chickasaw St., Marion.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents between 9:30 a.m. Thursday and 9:30 a.m. Friday:
• 11800 block of Pine Grove Road, Meridian
• Old Lauderdale-Lizelia Road, Lauderdale
• Causeyville Road, Meridian
• Causeyville Road, Meridian
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following fire runs for Thursday:
• Medical Assist 24th Place
• Vehicle Accident 23rd Avenue
• Lock-in North Frontage Road
The Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire Departments reported the following fire runs for Thursday:
• Emergency medical service (EMS) Highway 495 (Bailey)
• Accident, with injuries Highway 19 (Suqualena)
• EMS Highway 19 (Suqualena)
• Motor vehicle accident (MVA), I-59, mile marker 147 (Lost Gap)
• Assist Valley Road (South)
• EMS Knox Road (Toomsuba)
Metro Ambulance reported 45 emergency runs Friday at 4:30 p.m.