MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday.
• Shoplifting — Joshua L. King, 25, 101 River Oaks Cir., Philadelphia.
• Failure to pay justice court — Whitney H. Scott, 28, 2594 Hwy. 496, Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents between 8 a.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday.
• At 6:51 p.m. Thursday, police responded to an armed robbery call in the 3100 block of Saint Paul Street. When Officers arrived and were unable to locate the victim who called this in and she would not answer her phone.
• At 8:45 p.m. Thursdasy, police responded to the 2100 Highway 39 North. Officers arrived in three minutes and the vehicle was recovered after being involved in an accident.
• At 10:47 a.m., police responded to the 600 block of 21st Street. Officers arrived at 10:54 AM and determined entry was gained through a window. This case is under investigation.
At 9:03 PM, On April 24, 2014, Meridian Police Officers responded to the 3400 block of Poplar Springs Drive. Officers arrived in 6 minutes and determined that the house had been shot into. There was no one in the residence at the time of the shooting.
Meridian Police Officers responded to 5 additional shots fired calls. When Officers arrived on scene they were unable to locate any evidence to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Office
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests from 8 a.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday.
• Felony motor vehicle theft — Richard B. Bridges, 23, 3204 23rd Ave., Meridian.
• Possession of marijuana — Avery Cotton, 40, 6411 Midway Rd., Carthage.
• Trespassing — Travis L. Hoffer, 30, 3909 Causeyville Whynot Rd, Meridian.
• DUI — Bradley A. Smith, 24, 6380 Manila Dr., Cocoa, FL.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents from 8 a.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday.
• 3400 block Zero Rd., Meridian.
• Front Street Ext. @ 14th St., Meridian.