The Meridian Star
Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from Friday to Monday:
• 5300 block of First Street.
• 1500 block of 40th Avenue.
• 1200 block of Bonita Lakes Drive.
• 1700 block of New Way Drive.
• 1700 block of New Way Drive.
• 300 block of 63rd Place.
• 600 block of 44th Avenue.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday:
• 9300 block of Collinsville Lake Drive, Collinsville.
• 2700 block of Old Highway 19 SE, Meridian
• 1200 block of Aycock Road, Meridian
• Highway 19 North, Meridian
• 23rd Avenue, Meridian
• Lauderdale-Toomsuba Road, Meridian
• Oxford Road, Toomsuba
• Windsor Road, Meridian
• Highway 11/80 and Kewanee Road, Toomsuba
• 10100 block of Morgan Road, Meridian
• Hunters Run, Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8:30 a.m. Nov. 27 and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday:
• Public drunkenness – Donald Butchee, 42, 2513 45th Ave., Meridian. Butchee also faces a charge of contempt/child support.
• Domestic violence – Dunia Chavarria, 32, 2301 40th St., Meridian.
• Vagrancy – Jimmy Lee Davis, 40, 4506 Valley St., Meridian.
• Domestic violence – Miguel G. Dominguez, 32, 2301 40th St., Meridian.
• Public drunkenness – Michael Carl Fortner, 27, 3431 Lick Skillet Road, Meridian. Fortner also faces charges for trespassing, disturbance by noise or offensive conduct and contempt of court (two counts).
• Disorderly conduct/Failure to obey law enforcement officer – Christopher LaShaun Grace, 1501 45th Ave., Meridian.
• Embezzlement – Britney Hickman, 20, 3403 Parkway Boulevard, Meridian.
• Embezzlement – Khadi Christine Jones, 37, 3100 25th St., Meridian.
• Carrying a concealed weapon – Xzavious Dominique Kilpatrick, 19, 706 17th St., Meridian.
• Discharging firearm within city, two counts – Tony Lewis, 48, 1321 43rd Ave., Meridian. Lewis also faces charges for failure to pay child support (two counts).
• Simple assault – Christopher Ryan Mardis, 24, 6709 Oakland Park St., Meridian.
• Public drunkenness – Anna M. Monegan, 50, homeless.
• Domestic violence/Simple assault – Michael D. Neal, 49, 2712 Edgewood Drive, A4, Meridian.
• Domestic violence/Simple assault – Crystal L. Shields, 25, 1028 Sweetwater Road, Lexington. Shields also faces a charge for driving with a suspended license.
• Disorderly conduct/Failure to obey law enforcement officer – Melvin Thaggard, 18, 107 71st Place, 117. Thaggard also faces a charge for resisting arrest.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 8:30 a.m. Nov. 27 and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday:
• Driving Under the Influence (DUI), first offense – Jacob Evan brewer, 27, 13211 Newton End Road, Collinsville. Brewer also faces charges for driving without liability insurance and driving with a suspended license.
• DUI, first offense – Christopher Cody Goodman, 23, 9101 Mabry Lane, Collinsville. Goodman also faces charges for driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
• DUI, second offense – Christopher Luke Harper, 42, 3815 KOA Campground Road, Toomsuba. Harper also faces charges for leaving the scene of an accident and driving without liability insurance.
• DUI, second offense – Kendall Luron Harris, 22, 608 East Jefferson St., Demopolis, Ala. Harris also faces charges for obstructing traffic, driving with a suspended license, violation of insurance card in vehicle law and driving with an expired tag.
• DUI, first offense – Zachary Cheyenne Hudson, 37, 10187 A Wildcat Road, Collinsville. Hudson also faces a charge for failure to yield right of way.
• DUI, first offense – Pedro DeWayne Johnigan, 36, 7455 Lizelia Road, C2, Marion. Johnigan also faces a charge for speeding.
• Disorderly conduct/Failure to obey law enforcement officer – David Monroe Joles, 44, 9132 Joles Road. Joles also faces charges for resisting arrest and disposal of stolen property (two counts).
• DUI, first offense – Toyteshia R. Phillips, 27, 2015 Mosby Road, F5, Meridian. Phillips also faces a charge for littering.
• DUI, first offense – Barry Wade Riley, 29, 3616 Highland Ave., Meridian. Riley also faces charges for careless driving and driving without liability insurance.
• DUI, first offense – William Jason Rutherford, 33, 5389 Oxford Road, Lauderdale. Rutherford also faces charges for seat belt violation (two counts) and driving without liability insurance.
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following emergency runs for Nov. 27-Monday:
• Medical assist 45th Avenue
• Building fire Willow Drive
• False alarm 36th Avenue
• Gas leak Jimmie Rodgers Memorial Drive
• Medical assist Poplar Springs Drive
• False alarm Highway 39 North
• Building fire 30th Avenue
• Vehicle accident Highway 493
• Vehicle fire Martin Luther King Drive
• Vehicle accident Roebuck Drive
• False alarm 69th Avenue
• Building fire 44th Avenue
• Medical assist 18th Avenue
• False alarm Fifth Street
• Building fire 27th Avenue
• Rubbish fire 27th Avenue
• Gasoline spill St. Paul Street
Metro Ambulance reported 46 emergency runs Tuesday at 5 p.m.