MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8:30 a.m. Monday and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday:
• Burglary-Dwelling House – Juwan Jarkell McCallum, 17, 107 71st Place 138, Meridian.
• Burglary-Dwelling House – Marcus D. Steele, 17, 605 55th Ave., Meridian.
• Telephone harassment/Simple assault – Demetrius J. Tell, 34, 5109 West Gate Hills Drive, Meridian.
• Simple assault – Katara Williams, 23, 3633 24th St., Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from Monday to
• 2500 block of 67th Avenue Loop.
• 600 block of 57th Avenue.
Meridian police officers responded to 5 shots-fired calls; they were unable to locate evidence to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 8:30 a.m. Monday and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday:
• Kidnapping – Debra C. Boyd, 48, 20061 Dunson Park Ave., Ponchatoula, La.
• Simple assault – Donna K. Denison, 53, 6309 Fisher Road, Meridian.
• Felony Driving Under the Influence (DUI) – Earnquarius Q. Jackson, 20, 9715 Gowdy Road, Lauderdale. Jackson also faces charges for violation of insurance card in vehicle law, driving with a suspended license and seat belt violation.
• DUI, second offense – Hailey Brooke Laird, 22, 5334 Zero Road, Meridian. Laird also faces charges for driving with a suspended license (DUI), driving without liability insurance, obstructing traffic and child neglect.
• Disorderly conduct/Failure to obey law enforcement officer – Renwick Overland, 42, 8325 Poplar Springs Drive, Meridian. Overland also faces a charge for public drunkenness. • Failure to appear, two counts – Ashley Elizabeth Upton, 30, 3355 Seabreeze Drive, Pensacola, Fla.
• Probation violation/Parole – Dezarae Dawn Wakeford-Smith, 33, 1223 Sandflat Road, Meridian.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents between 8:30 a.m. Monday and 8:30 a.m. Tuesday:
• 4900 block of Hooper Street, Meridian
• 8300 block of Poplar Springs Drive, Lot. 35, Meridian
• Lauderdale Road-Serton Road, Meridian.
• Burrage Road, Meridian
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following fire runs for Monday:
• Good Intent Call, 23rd Street
• Vehicle Fire, 49th Avenue
• False Alarm, Fifth Street
• Lock out, Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
The Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire departments reported the following fire runs for Monday:
• EMS, Stinson Cemetery Road (Clarkdale)
• EMS, Pine Forest Road (Meehan)
• EMS, Prissock Road (Toomsuba)
• VF, Highway 19 South (Southeast)
Metro Ambulance reported 66 emergency runs Tuesday at 4 p.m.