The Meridian Star
Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday:
• Trespassing — Krissy N. Bennett, born 1980, 1500 44th Ave., Meridian.
• Escape from custody, possession of marijuana — Christopher S. Butler, born 1987, 4524 Highway 39 North, Meridian.
• Carrying a concealed weapon, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana — James Cox, born 1994, 10885 Bailey Road, Bailey.
• Shoplifting — Tony Kimble, born 1976, 1125 Church Ave., Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday:
• Armed robbery — At 11:43 p.m. Tuesday night, Meridian Police responded to an armed robbery in the 600 block of 22nd Avenue South.
• Auto burglary — At 3:27 p.m. Tuesday, Meridian Police responded to an auto burglary in the 2300 block of South Frontage Road. Entry was gained through a door.
The Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the following calls Wednesday.
• Russell, Marion and Toomsuba fire departments responded to a structure fire on Russell Mt. Gilead Road.
• Toomsuba Volunteer Fire Department responded to an accident with injuries on Interstate 20.