The Meridian Star
Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Petty larceny — Brandon D. Chaney, 27, 2428 Old Marion Road, Meridian.
• Trespassing — De'Ongeloe L. Ray, 19, 915 37th Ave., Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• 1000 block of 28th Avenue
• 2700 block of 52nd Place
• 1200 block of 35th Avenue
• 2100 block of 24th Avenue
• 1700 block of 2nd Street
At about 2 a.m. Wednesday, Meridian Police Department officers responded to a local hospital where a patient was being treated for a minor gunshot wound to the leg. Police were advised the victim was driving his vehicle on Russell Drive when a bullet came through the door and struck his leg. A gray vehicle may have been involved but no further information is available. The victim has since been released.
Tuesday, Meridian Police Department officers arrested 44-year-old Sonya S. Spivey of Meridian and charged her with embezzlement. Bond was set at $30,000
Meridian Police Department officers also on Tuesday arrested 51-year-old Danny Moore and 42-year-old Laverne Hailes, both of Meridian, in separate incidents and charged each with felony DUI. Their bonds were set at $25,000 each
Monday Meridian police arrested 31-year-old Evelyn J. Ducksworth of Meridian and charged her with felony eluding. This charge stems from an incident in February of this year where Ducksworth was involved in a pursuit with Meridian police. Bond was set at $25,000.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Possession of marijuana — Clarence D. Clay Jr., 31, 9914 Chip Pickering Drive, Meridian.
• Burglary — Reginald D. Dixon, 20, 638 Concord Road, Meridian.
• Possession of controlled substance — Deondray M. Duff, 23, 7427 Grandmont Ave., Detroit, MI.
• DUI — Stephen K. Gilbert, 61, 12797 Suqualena Road, Chunky.
• Disturbing the peace — Diane Jackson, 52, 9533 Serton Road, Lauderdale.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents from 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• 4800 block Valley Road, Meridian.
• Winstead Rd. / Woods Road, Meridian.
Mississippi Highway Patrol
Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop H reported reported no arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
Marion Police Department
The Marion Police Department reported no arrests between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following emergency runs between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• False alarm, Highland Park Drive
• Vehicle accident, MLK Drive
• Vehicle fire, 22nd Avenue South
• Excessive heat, 36th Street
Metro Ambulance reported 33 emergency runs between 3 p.m. Tuesday and 3 p.m. Wednesday.