MERIDIAN — The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday.
• Indecent exposure — James E. Cole Jr., 39, 2609 18th St., Meridian.
• DUI — Alton D. Griggs, 27, 2305 D St., Meridian.
• Shoplifting — Michael D. Griggs, 25, 2611 10th St., Meridian.
• DUI — Nehemiah Matthews Jr., 22, 6578 Confederate Dr., Meridian.
• Shoplifting — Dustin L. Spears, 25, 694 Hwy. 19 N., Meridian.
• DUI — Dallas Swanson, 31, 323 Hot Springs Dr., Chicago, IL.
• Simple assault — Arthur L. Williams, 45, 1918 8th Ave., Meridian.
• DUI — Tania L. Wolverton, 31, 1765 Long Creek Rd., Meridian.
• DUI — Marcus Wright, 38, 18506 Hot Creek Ct., Humble, Texas.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents between 8 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday.
Meridian police are investigating two stolen vehicles that occurred Friday night. Police responded to the first one at 8:14 p.m. in the 2200 block of Grand Avenue. An alert citizen noticed a vehicle that was being stolen and alerted the police. The vehicle was recovered and suspects identified. The case is still under investigation at this time.
The second stolen vehicle case investigated Friday night was in the 2400 block of South Frontage Road. Police were alerted to the crime at 10:11 p.m. by the owner. The vehicle has since been recovered by police.
Police were called to the 100 block of South Frontage Road Saturday night at 10:56 p.m. on another stolen vehicle case. The owner advised police the key had been left in the vehicle but it has since been recovered.
A stolen vehicle case was called in to police at 6:15 a.m. Sunday morning in the 500 block of Waters Alley. The key was left in the vehicle by the owner however police were able to recover the vehicle within an hour parked not too far away.
The Meridian Police Department encourages the citizens of Meridian to be mindful of leaving their keys in the vehicle. A large percentage of stolen vehicle cases are a result of the keys being left in the vehicle.