MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday:
• Contempt of court – Travis Ford Bethea, 20, 1419 57th Court, Meridian. Bethea is also charged with false ID information.
• Shoplifting, 2nd offense – Patrick Wayne Duell, 32, 1107 C Street, Meridian. Duell is also charged with a bench warrant.
• Contempt of court – Jaquis Kavon Reed, 19, 7100 Old Highway 80 West B-5, Meridian.
• Driving under the influence (DUI), first offense – Erik Derby, 20, 5269 Highway 19, Meridian. Derby is also charged with disobeying a traffic device.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from Thursday to Friday:
• 400 block of Lake Drive.
• 1700 block of North Frontage Road.
• 100 block of 29th Avenue.
• 900 block of Myrtle Drive.
• 5300 block of E Court.
• Meridian police officers responded to 2 shots-fired calls; officers were unable to locate evidence to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff’s Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents between 9 a.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday:
• Interstate 20 East Exit 154 B, Meridian.
• North Frontage Road, Meridian.
• Betts Radcliff Road, Meridian.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday:
• Disorderly conduct/failure to obey law enforcement – Elbert Earl Carpenter, 54, 3006 Mt. Barton Place, Meridian. Carpenter is also charged with failure to pay child support.
• Sale of marijuana – Dedrick Jerman Chalmers, 36, 4833 Bradford Street, Memphis TN.
• Driving under the influence (DUI), first offense – Shonreka Taquish Hall, 33, 202 Oak Street, Sugarlot. Hall is also charged with having an expired drivers license.
• Public drunkenness – Shabreka Lashay Patterson, 23, 302 Second Street, Macon.
• Forgery (more than $100) – Douglas Smith, 44, 1111 West Ohea Street, Greenville.
• Disturbing the peace – Char'brecia Andrea Stevens, 18, 1902 Old Marion Road, Meridian. Stevens is also charged with driving the wrong way on a one-way street and suspended drivers license.
• Failure to pay Justice Court, 5 counts – Justin Lee Tran, 29, 2888 Conehatta Prospect Road, Conehatta.
• Driving under the influence (DUI), first offense – Charles Edward Yarrell, 66, 167 Betts Radcliff Road, Toomsuba.
• Driving under the influence (DUI), first offense – Fahmi M. Zaidan, 35, 2816 8th Street, Meridian. Zaidan is also charged with failure to dim headlights.
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following fire runs between 9 a.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday:
• Rescue, 14th Street.
• False alarm, 19th Street.
• Vehicle accident, Highway 11 South.
Metro Ambulance reported 51 emergency runs Friday by 4 p.m.