MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday:
• Uttering Forgery – Amanda Day, 24, 6707 Causeyville Road, Meridian. Day also faces an additional charge of uttering forgery and contempt of court.
• Possession of marijuana – Aikiev Griffin, 20, 2813 Edgewood Drive, Meridian. Griffin also faces a charge of a tint violation.
• Disturbing the peace – Eloise Ballentine, 49, 1406 14th Avenue, Meridian.
• Disturbing the peace – Georgia Chapman, 51, 3123 5th Street, Meridian.
• Simple assault/domestic violence – Deshawndrick L. Griffin, 25, 2226 35th Avenue, Meridian.
• Shoplifting – Aakeem Hudnall, 23, 1611 5th Street, Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from 9 a.m. Tuesday to 9 a.m. Wednesday:
• 1200 block of 22nd Avenue Heights.
• 2000 block of Mosby Road.
• 2300 block of 32nd Avenue.
• Victim reported to MPD front desk officer that two vehicles had been rented out and not returned.
• MPD responded to a local hospital and determined victim had been shot in the leg.
• Meridian police officers responded to 2 additional shots-fired calls; officers were unable to locate evidence to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday:
• Disturbance of family – Charles R. Howington, 57, 2864 Highway 496, Meridian. Howington also faces a charge of malicious mischief/vandalism.
• Burglary-commercial – James Mcguire, 25, 2479 Old 8th Street Road, Meridian. Mcguire also faces two other charges of burglary in a dwelling.
• Aggravated assault – George Riordan Jr., 31, 1630 Skyline Road, Meridian.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday:
• 3700 block of Lauderdale Road, Lauderdale.
• 6700 block of Seals Drive, Meridian.
• 4800 block of Arundel, Meridian.
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following fire runs between 9 a.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday:
• False alarm, Cottage Lane.
• Medical assist, 40th Avenue.
• Vehicle accident, State Boulevard.
• Vehicle accident, North Frontage Road.
The Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire departments reported the following runs between 9 a.m. on Tuesday and 9 a.m. on Wednesday:
• EMS, Ponta Street. (Northeast)
• EMS, Lee Roberts Road South. (Long Creek)
Metro Ambulance reported 58 emergency runs Wednesday by 3 p.m.