MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday:
• Contempt of court – Robert Lee Brown Jr., 52, Oakland Heights 187, Meridian.
• Driving under the influence (DUI), first offense – Jason O'Neal Gibson, 44, 978 Highway 195, Meridian. Gibson also faces charges of failure to have vehicle under control and a probation violation/parole.
• Hold for outside agency/law enforcement – Roger A. Hoil, 39, 5205 Highway 145, Meridian.
• False ID information – Rico Marquez Gowdy, 22, 2708 Edgewood Drive, Meridian. Gowdy also faces charges of violation of the child restraint law and driving with a suspended license.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from 9 a.m. Wednesday to 9 a.m. Thursday:
• 2800 block of 26th Street.
• 400 block of Lake Drive.
• 800 block of 25th Avenue.
• 2100 block of 16th Avenue.
• Meridian Police Officers responded to 2 shots fired call. When Officers arrived on scene they were unable to locate evidence to support the call.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday:
• Sale of controlled substance – Eric Walker Burks, 32, 60042 Kuykedall Road, Amory.
• Public drunkenness – Jerico M. Clark, 37, 2422 45th Avenue, Meridian.
• Possession of Schedule II, III, IV, V Drugs – Gregory Mark Henderson, 33, 2101 45th Ct., Meridian. Henderson also faces charges of speeding (10 to 19 mph over limit), having no drivers license, and driving under the influence (DUI), other substance.
• Felony, driving under the influence (DUI) – Calvin Hunt, 49, 114 Alarice Circle, Louisville.
• Kidnapping – Christopher Lee Jones, 38, 1704 Pecan Road, Newton.
• Sale of cocaine – Anthony Dewayne McDonald, 40, 1911 33rd Avenue, Meridian.
• Sale of marijuana – Jacob Nunn, 29, 504 Warner Avenue, Louisville.
• Disturbing the peace – Sophia Lynette Tell, 30, 8341 Poplar Springs Drive, Meridian.
• Domestic violence – Charles Ray Yarbrough, 31, 3789 Dillard Road, Meridian. Yarbrough also faces charges of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct/failure to obey law enforcement.