MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday:
• Public drunkenness – Homer M. Lewis, 50, 8007 Old 8th Street Road, Meridian.
• Contempt of court – Ester M. Mitchell, 43, 1909 9th Avenue, Meridian.
• Murder-capital – Cedrick Deshun Norman, 20, 3312 Highland Avenue, Meridian. Norman is also charged with armed carjacking, aggravated assault, armed robbery, and probation violation/parole.
• Contempt of court – James Anthony Williams, 22, 2218 35th Avenue, Meridian.
• Driving under the influence (DUI), first offense – Dustin M. Gray, 27, 708 Azalea Drive, Meridian.
• Domestic violence-simple assault – Anthony Taylor, 25, 611 Azalea Drive, Meridian.
• Simple assault – Melissa Taylor, 53, 5610 14th Avenue, Meridian.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from 9 a.m. Monday to 9 a.m. Tuesday:
• 5500 block of North Hills Street.
• A victim came to the Police Department to report that his vehicle had been stolen from Highland Park. Officers later recovered the vehicle.
• Meridian Police Officers responded to 3 shots fired calls. When Officers arrived on scene they were unable to locate evidence to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday:
• Embezzlement – Tyrone D. Burton, 44, 392 Mcaboy Road, Cuba, AL.
• Contempt of court, 2 counts – Jason Taylor Hall, 20, 2009 Sam Lackey Road, Toomsuba.
• Driving under the influence (DUI), first offense – David Michael Hendrix, 54, 205 County Road 21, Gilbertown, AL. Hendrix is also charged with careless driving.
• Aggravated assault-domestic violence – Jason Shaun Naylor, 37, 4383 Leroy Naylor Road, Lauderdale. Naylor is also charged with disregard of a traffic device, no drivers license, no liability insurance, and driving under the influence (DUI), first offense.
• Driving under the influence (DUI), first offense – Jamie Dunn Sholar, 40, 7985 Happy Hollow Drive, Meridian. Sholar is also charged with careless driving and driving with a suspended drivers license.