MERIDIAN — Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 10 a.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m. Thursday:
• Burglary-commercial building, cars, etc. – Jarrod Rishawn Carpenter, 28, 3306 12th St., Meridian.
• Shooting into dwelling-house – Javonte Quayshon McKee, 22, 909 Fulton Ave., Meridian.
• Probation violation/Parole – Jaquadraz Lontrell Purnell, 23, 533 54th Ave., Meridian. Purnell is also charged for carrying a concealed weapon (felon, third offense)
• Disorderly conduct – Lorenzo Clayton, 23, 2821 19th St., Meridian. • Possession of controlled substance, two counts – Chris L. Horner, 27, 4528 Rushwood Ave., Meridian.
• DUI – Marcus Edwards, 29, 1809 Eighth Ave., Meridian. Edwards also is charged with possession of marijuana.
• False reporting of crime – Darron E. Thomas, 30, 2513 41st Ave., Meridian. • Public drunkenness – Sabrina Williams, 35, 1909 33rd Ave., Meridian. Williams is also charged with disorderly conduct.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from Wednesday to Thursday:
• 8000 block of Eighth Street.
• 1000 block of D Street.
• 100 block of 71st Place.
• Meridian Police officers responded to five shots-fired calls; they were unable to locate any evidence to the support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 10 a.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m. Thursday:
• Probation violation/Parole – Jerry Dean Carney Jr., 48, 1136 Aycock Road, Meridian. Carney is also charged for driving with a suspended
• Failure to appear (Justice Court), six counts – Robert Eugene Davis, 53, 7682 Pine Springs Road, Meridian.
• Grand larceny, more than $500 – John Ray Dunn, 40, 11980 Highway 486, Philadelphia. Dunn is also charged with failure to appear (Justice Court), three counts. • Driving Under the Influence (DUI), first offense – Joshua William George, 26, 11170 Aycock Road, Meridian. George is also charged with possession of marijuana, less than 30 grams, leaving the scene of an attended vehicle, driving with a suspended license, driving without a license tag and driving without liability insurance.
• DUI, first offense – Brett Lee Henderson, 43, 3222 Rose Trace Drive, Spring, Texas. Henderson is also charged with careless driving.
• Grand larceny, more than $500 – Justin Michael Hosley, 26, 3812 44th St., Meridian. • Probation violation/Parole – Rodney Warren McDonald, 24, 5130 Charlie Dunn Road, Meridian.
• Bad check-Felony (third or subsequent offense for $100 or more) – Demarco Powell, 24, 37 Gem Lane Eutaw, Ala.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents between 10 a.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m. Thursday:
• 8300 block of Highway 19 North, Collinsville.
• 1600 block of Long Creek Road, Meridian.
• Highway 495-Blind Brown Road, Meridian.
• Old Highway 19 SE-Earl Haney Road, Meridian
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following emergency run for Wednesday:
• Building fire, 23rd Street
Metro Ambulance reported 45 emergency runs Thursday at 4 p.m.