The Meridian Star
Meridian Police Department
The Meridian Police Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday:
• Shoplifting – Nikkie Lynn Knight, 32, 5381 Mini Farm Road, Meridian. Knight also faces a contempt of court charge.
• Domestic violence, felony – DuMarcus Temple, 18, 107 71st Place 94, Meridian. Temple also faces a charge for not having liability insurance.
• Shoplifting – Regina L. Burrell , 36, 77 County Road 469, Meridian.
• Violation of Mississippi Compulsory School Attendance Law – Rameka D. Brooks, 29, 3505 52nd Ave.
The Meridian Police Department reported the following incidents from Wednesday to
• 600 block of 25th Avenue.
• 1800 block of 25th Avenue.
• Meridian police officers responded to 1 shots-fired calls; officers were unable to locate evidence to support the calls.
Lauderdale County Sheriff's Dept.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following incidents between 9 a.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday:
• 9800 block of Lizelia Road, Meridian.
• 1100 block of Bonita Lakes Circle, Meridian.
• 9000 block of Barrett Road B, Collinsville.
• B Street, Meridian.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department reported the following arrests between 9 a.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday:
• Driving Under the Influence (DUI), other substance – William Kelly Baucum, 42, 12363 Magnolia Lake Drive, Collinsville. Baucum also faces charges for violation of insurance card in vehicle law, disorderly conduct (business), seatbelt violation and contempt of court.
• Disorderly conduct/failure to obey law enforcement officer – Roshard Aamon Cole, 20, 803 29th St., 223, Meridian. Cole also faces a charge for resisting arrest.
• Prohibition, deadly weapon or contraband in jail – Jimmy Patrick Johns, 29, 22187 Highway 45 North, Aberdeen.
• Child support, failure to pay – William Justin McMullan, 32, 4379 J. W. Reynolds Road, Meridian.
• DUI, first offense – Daniel Alan Moss, 43, 127 Rhonda Lane, Shubuta. Moss also faces charges for careless driving and driving with an expired license.
• Violation of Mississippi Compulsory School Attendance Law – Kimberly Anne Stack 38, 3602 Lauderdale Road, Lauderdale. Stack also faces a charge for violation of compulsory school attendance.
• Shoplifting – Sabrina Katheryn Taylor, 30, 1316 Idle Wood Drive, Round Lake Beach, Ill.
The Meridian Fire Department reported the following fire runs for Wednesday:
• Medical Assist, Fourth Avenue South
• False Alarm, 26th Street
• Vehicle Accident, 26th Street
The Lauderdale County Volunteer Fire departments reported the following runs for Monday and Tuesday:
• Accident, with injuries, Industrial Drive #1 (South)
• EMS, Shelby Gressett Road (Toomsuba)
• EMS, Lauderdale-Toomsuba Road (Lauderdale)
• EMS, Harper Road (Toomsuba)
• EMS, Church Road (Collinsville)
Metro Ambulance reported 55 emergency runs Thursday at 4:30 p.m.