MERIDIAN — FIfth grade classes at Newton County Elementary School recently participated in the Mississippi Writers Guild’s Freedom Essay and Poetry Contest. Winners of the contest were recognized at the Veteran’s Day musical, "All-American Me and You," and were presented certificates and cash awards by Robert Ray, president of MWG, a non-profit organization. Ray is shown with: front row, from left, Essay Division: Sydnee Smith, first place, Ruby Garcia, second place, and Luke Mayerhoff, third place; second row, from left, Poetry winners: Marci Lockley, first place, Jasmine Field, second place, and Reagan Tolbird, third place. The play was under the direction of NCES music teacher Wynne Alexander. The contest was co-sponsored by Wheeler Drug Store in Decatur.
- ECCC student newspaper staff receives awards
- PENNIES FOR PATIENTS
- School News: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
EMCC presents pathways, programs in West Point
WEST POINT – There is more than one way to obtain the skills employers want. And East Mississippi Community College’s Manufacturing Technology and Engineering team was in West Point last night to present the various pathways to those skills.
- School News: Wednesday, June 18, 2014
- First of three ECCC orientation sessions set for Friday
- MCC nursing instructor tapped for UAB scholars program
- Excellence in education: Wednesday, June 11, 2014
- Area schools release Honor Rolls for Fourth Sixth Weeks
- Sixty-eight-year-old veteran overcomes odds to receive GED diploma at ECCC
- More Education Headlines