The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to email@example.com (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian's city, county, private and faith-based schools:
• Crestwood Elementary School Accelerated Reader Celebration, from 1:15 p.m.-2:15 p.m., Crestwood Breezeway
• Meridian High School Believe in Blue Day
• Poplar Springs Elementary Grandparent's Day Celebration, 10:30 a.m., PSE Auditorium
• Meridian High School Wildcat Players present "Seussical the Musical," 7:30 p.m., MHS Auditorium. Cost: $7, adults (18 and over), $5, students, teachers (with ID), and military (with ID), and free for children 4 and under. Families of four will get a discounted price of $20.
• West Hills Elementary Fifth Grade MCT2 Prep Easter Egg Hunt
• Poplar Springs Elementary "Absolutely Abstract" Student Art Exhibit, from 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m., Meridian Museum of Art
March 29-April 1
• MPSD Spring Recess
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information, call (601) 482-7445 unless otherwise noted:
March 29-April 1
• College closed for Easter break.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at area community colleges and universities:
Today and Thursday
• "Senior Days," East Central Community College. Open to area high school seniors, activities begin with registration in Huff Auditorium at 9 a.m. and end with a complimentary lunch at noon.
All campus clubs and organizations will have information booths set up in the Brackeen-Wood Physical Education Building and advisors from academic, career, technical and healthcare programs will be available.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Services at (601)635-6205, or toll free (877) 462-3222, ext. 205. The e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org