The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian's city, county, private and faith-based schools:
• Ross Collins Child Care Class Graduation, 2:30 p.m., Ross Collins Peavey Auditorium
• Parkview Elementary Fourth Grade Tailgate Party. Fourth graders will gear up for MCT2.
• Oakland Heights Elementary Second Grade Nature Hike, Pine Lake Camp.
• Oakland Heights Elementary Pre-K Field Trip to Bonita Lakes
• T.J. Harris Elementary Pre-K Celebration, 10 a.m., Lower Campus Cafeteria
• Northwest Middle Athletic Banquet, 6 p.m., gymnasium
• Poplar Springs Elementary MCT2 Pep Rally, 2 p.m., auditorium
• Magnolia Middle School Red Carpet Affair, 6 p.m., El Bethel Baptist Church Family Life Center, 2300 State Boulevard.
• MHS 6A State Track Championship, Pearl
• Crestwood Elementary MCT2 Spirit Rally, 1:30 p.m.
• Parkview Elementary MCT2 Pep Rally
• Parkview Elementary “Parkview’s Got Talent,” 1:30 p.m.
• Ross Collins Spring Head of the Class Awards, 9 a.m., Peavey Auditorium
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College:
• Practical Nursing Program Pinning Ceremony, 1 p.m., MCC Multi-Purpose Building. FMI: Lara Collum, (601) 484-8728.
• Associate Degree Nursing Program Pinning Ceremony, 11 a.m., Evangel Temple. FMI: Michelle Martin, (601) 484-8682.
• Spring graduation, 7 p.m., Evangel Temple. FMI: Soraya Welden, (601) 484-8628.
• Meridian Public Safety Academy Part-time and Refresher Law Enforcement Academy Graduation, 6 p.m., Dulaney Room, Webb Hall. FMI: Lynne Thrailkill, (601) 481-1300.
• Call Center Customer Service Class, Day Class, from 8 a.m,-4:30 p.m., Workforce Training Center. FMI: Lynne Thrailkill, (601) 481-1300.
• Digital Photography Class, from 5:30-7:30 p.m., Webb Hall. FMI: (601) 482-7445.
• Forklift Training, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Workforce Training Center. FMI: Lynne Thrailkill, (601) 481-1300.
May 21-June 13
• Call Center Customer Service Class, Evening Class, from 5 p.m.-8 p.m., Workforce Training Center. FMI: Lynne Thrailkill, (601) 481-1300.
• Summer Day Term 1 and Full Summer term begin. FMI: Ivy Hall, Angela Payne, (601) 481-1357.