MERIDIAN — Lauderdale County School District was awarded the prestigious Lantern Award by the Mississippi School Boards Association at a recent Lighthouse School Leader Awards Luncheon. The district was recognized for outstanding student achievement on the Mississippi Department of Education’s statewide accountability testing in spring 2012. The district is designated by the Mississippi Department of Education as a High Performing School District. Accepting the award on behalf of Lauderdale County School District are: Lisa Hull, Federal Programs director; Ryan Powell, Middle/High School Curriculum director; Barbara Jones, School Board vice president; Superintendent Randy Hodges; Teri Edwards, Elementary Curriculum director; Karen Rhodes, Special Student Services director; and DeShannon Davis, vocational director.
- ECCC student newspaper staff receives awards
- PENNIES FOR PATIENTS
- School News: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
EMCC presents pathways, programs in West Point
WEST POINT – There is more than one way to obtain the skills employers want. And East Mississippi Community College’s Manufacturing Technology and Engineering team was in West Point last night to present the various pathways to those skills.
- School News: Wednesday, June 18, 2014
- First of three ECCC orientation sessions set for Friday
- MCC nursing instructor tapped for UAB scholars program
- Excellence in education: Wednesday, June 11, 2014
- Area schools release Honor Rolls for Fourth Sixth Weeks
- Sixty-eight-year-old veteran overcomes odds to receive GED diploma at ECCC
- More Education Headlines