MERIDIAN — East Mississippi Community College Scooba campus math and physics instructor Larry Gibson of DeKalb has published his memoir, “Recollections of a Marine Attack Pilot.” The book chronicles Gibson’s time in the Marine Corps, including service in Vietnam as a pilot and with a Marine battalion as an Air Liaison Officer. Gibson also shares colorful anecdotes from his civilian life, such as his foray into running marathons and his brush with Boston Marathon cheat Rosie Ruiz in 1980. Other assignments included flight instructor duty at Naval Air Station Meridian and nearly four years as a staff officer at Headquarters, Marine Corps in Washington, D.C. He has taught at EMCC since 1993. He will read an excerpt of his book at “A Tribute to our Veterans,” a performance by the EMCC Choir and Reflection Singers in honor of America’s armed forces. The program date is yet to be determined but will be scheduled near Veterans’ Day in November on the Scooba campus. Gibson’s book is currently available only on amazon.com.
- ECCC student newspaper staff receives awards
- PENNIES FOR PATIENTS
- School News: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
EMCC presents pathways, programs in West Point
WEST POINT – There is more than one way to obtain the skills employers want. And East Mississippi Community College’s Manufacturing Technology and Engineering team was in West Point last night to present the various pathways to those skills.
- School News: Wednesday, June 18, 2014
- First of three ECCC orientation sessions set for Friday
- MCC nursing instructor tapped for UAB scholars program
- Excellence in education: Wednesday, June 11, 2014
- Area schools release Honor Rolls for Fourth Sixth Weeks
- Sixty-eight-year-old veteran overcomes odds to receive GED diploma at ECCC
- More Education Headlines