The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information (FMI), call (601) 482-7445, unless otherwise noted:
• Today – Fall break ends; classes resume.
• Thursday – MCC Continuing Education class, Microsoft Word Beginning, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Webb Hall. FMI: (601) 484-8856.
• Oct. 15-18 – Continuing Education class: Distribution Training, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., MCC Workforce Development Center.
• Oct. 15-19 – Continuing Education class: Excel Beginning, from 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. FMI: (601) 484-8856.
• Oct. 15-Nov. 5 – Continuing Education class: Flower and Cake Design, Mondays at 6 p.m.
• Oct. 16 – Fall Job Fair, Oct. 16, 8:30 a.m., Workforce Training Center. FMI: Renea Stanley, (601) 481-1327.
• Oct. 16-Nov. 6 – Continuing Education class: Journaling and Time Management, Tuesdays from 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Webb Hall.
• Oct. 16 – Campus Activities Board Breast Cancer Awareness Walk, 6:30 p.m., MCC Track. FMI: Adrian Cross, (601) 481-1340.
• Oct. 17 – Classes Term II classes begin. FMI: (601)483-8241.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at East Central Community College in Decatur.
• Ends today – Registration for Fall Intensive Term classes, which begin Oct. 8 and continue through Dec. 7. Final exams scheduled Dec. 10-13.
Courses offered included Principles of Accounting I, Introduction to Business, Intermediate English, English Composition I, Personal and Community Health, Fitness and Conditioning Training, Library Science, Beginning Guitar, Music Appreciation and Intermediate Reading.
New students should complete the online application available at www.eccc.edu or contact the Admissions Office at (601) 635-6206.
Current students can add classes online and returning students who have had a lapse in enrollment should complete the re-admissions form online or contact the Admissions Office.
For more information, contact Laura Ryals in the Admissions Office at (601) 635-6206. The e-mail address is email@example.com