Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to email@example.com (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information (FMI), call (601) 482-7445, unless otherwise noted:
• Today – Continuing Education class· Discover Scuba, from 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., MCC Fitness Center Pool. Registration: $49. While not an actual scuba certification, participants will learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
• Thursday – Gourmet Dining with MCC, 6:00 p.m., Cater’s Market, 5201 Hwy. 493, Registration: $50. Participants will experience the newest “fine dining” Meridian has to offer. Chef Everette Hill will be in attendance.
• Oct. 8-9 – Fall break. Classes resume Oct. 10.
• Oct. 9-30 – Career Development Center class: Working with Fondant, Tuesdays, from 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Webb Hall.
• Oct. 11 – MCC Continuing Education class, Microsoft Word Beginning, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Webb Hall. FMI: (601) 484-8856.
• Oct. 15-18 – Continuing Education class: Distribution Training, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., MCC Workforce Development Center.
• Oct. 15-19 – Continuing Education class: Excel Beginning, from 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. FMI: (601) 484-8856.
• Oct. 15-Nov. 5 – Continuing Education class: Flower and Cake Design, Mondays at 6 p.m.
• Oct. 16 – Fall Job Fair, Oct. 16, 8:30 a.m., Workforce Training Center. FMI: Renea Stanley, (601) 481-1327.
• Oct. 16-Nov. 6 – Continuing Education class: Journaling and Time Management, Tuesdays from 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Webb Hall.
• Oct. 16 – Campus Activities Board Breast Cancer Awareness Walk, 6:30 p.m., MCC Track. FMI: Adrian Cross, (601) 481-1340.
• Oct. 17 – Classes Term II classes begin. FMI: (601)483-8241.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at East Central Community College in Decatur.