The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information, call (601) 482-7445, unless otherwise noted:
• Veterans Program, 11 a.m., McCain Theater, Ivy Hall. Angela Payne, (601) 481-1357.
• Workforce Development: Forklift Training, from 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Workforce Development Center.
• Workforce Development: Call Center Customer Service Class, from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Workforce Development Center.
• Continuing Education: Cupcakes, Cupcakes, Cupcakes, 6 p.m.
• Community and Business Development: Create a Website, from 9 a.m.- 5 p.m., Webb Hall. FMI: (601) 484-8856.
• Continuing Education: Furniture Painting with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, 4:30 p.m. Webb Hall.
• Community and Business Development: Microsoft Word (Advanced), from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Webb Hall. FMI: (601) 484-8856.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at area community colleges and universities:
• ECCC Veterans Appreciation Outreach Day on the Decatur campus. Activities begin with a complimentary breakfast and program for military veterans from 7 a.m.-8 a.m. in the Molly McGee Gold Room in Mabry Memorial Cafeteria.
Retired Major General William L. Freeman Jr. of Newton will serve as guest speaker.
• East Central Community College Gospel Choir's annual fall concert, 7 p.m., Vickers Fine Arts Center Auditorium on the Decatur campus. There is no charge for admission and the public is invited to attend.
Jerry Smith, vice chairman of the ECCC Board of Trustees, will serve as guest speaker. In addition to the EC choir, members of the Junior Angels of Newton will perform.
For more information, contact choir sponsor Brenda K. Johnson at (601) 635-2111.