Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to email@example.com (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian's city, county, private and faith-based schools:
• Today-Friday – Meridian Public School District schools and offices will be closed during this week for Spring Break.
• March 19 – T.J. Harris Elementary and Oakland Heights Elementary Fifth Grade Tour of Carver Middle School
• March 21 – Carver Middle School Family Literacy Night, 6 p.m.
• March 21 – Poplar Springs Elementary BBQ for the Arts, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Fundraisng event for the PSE's Arts Initiative.
• March 22 – Northwest Middle Diversity Fair, from 8:30 a.m.-noon, gym.
• March 22 – Poplar Springs Elementary LinkUp- Fourth Grade Concert, 9 a.m., MSU Riley Center
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information, call (601) 482-7445 unless otherwise noted:
• Today-Sunday – College closed for spring break. Classes resume March 18.
• March 18 – Term II classes begin. FMI: Admissions, (601) 483-83241.
• March 18-21 – Workforce Development: Distribution Training, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Workforce Development Center, (601) 482-7445.
• March 18-20; March 19-April 11 – Workforce Development: Call Center Customer Service Class, from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; March 19-April 11, from 5 p.m.-8 p.m., Workforce Development Center.
• March 19-May 1 – Workforce Development: Quickbooks, from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Webb Hall.
• March 19 – Workforce Development: Microsoft Word (beginning), from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Webb Hall.
• March 21 – Continuing Education: Couponing, 5:30 p.m., Webb Hall. FMI: 601-481-1318.
• March 21 – Continuing Education: Floral Design, from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Webb Hall.
• March 22 – Workforce Development: Forklift Training, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Workforce Development Center.
• March 23 – Continuing Education: Street Defensive Driving, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. FMI: (601) 482-8892.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at area community colleges and universities:
• March 27-28 – "Senior Days," East Central Community College. Open to area high school seniors, activities begin with registration in Huff Auditorium at 9 a.m. and end with a complimentary lunch at noon.
All campus clubs and organizations will have information booths set up in the Brackeen-Wood Physical Education Building and advisors from academic, career, technical and healthcare programs will be available.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Services at (601)635-6205, or toll free (877) 462-3222, ext. 205. The e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org