The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to email@example.com (photos should be in JPEG format).
ELLISVILLE – Jones County Junior College’s Center in Waynesboro is offering three non-credit courses this summer. Computer options include Introduction to Personal Computers, Windows7 and Microsoft Excel 2010 Basic. CEU’s are available for computer courses upon request. The deadline to register is one week before classes begin.
Introduction to Personal Computers will meet on Thursday nights beginning July 18-Aug. 8, from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Learn how to switch on a PC, manage files and folders, use e-mail and browse the Web with Internet Explorer. The cost of the class is $35
The Windows 7 class will meet on Thursday nights, beginning Aug. 15 through Oct. 10, from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. The cost is $75
Microsoft Excel 2010 Basic will meet Oct. 17-Nov. 14, from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. The cost is $55.
Interested students can register in person at the Wayne County Center at 103 Collins Street in Waynesboro, or by calling (601) 735-2228 or emailing Melanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
For the most up-to-date class listing visit the web site www.jcjc.edu
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information, call (601) 482-7445, unless otherwise noted:
Thursday and Friday
• College closed for Independence Day holiday, Classes resume July 8.
July 15-Aug. 1
• Industrial Maintenance Blueprint Reading class, from 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Workforce Development.
July 15-Aug. 15
• Flux Core Welding Process Class, from 6 p.m.-10 p.m., Workforce Development.
• Freshman Orientation, 8 a.m., campus wide. FMI: Angela Payne, (601) 483-8241.
July 23-Aug. 8
• EMT Basic Refresher Course, from 5 p.m.-9 p.m., Workforce Development.
• Soccer Camp, from 8 a.m.-noon, MCC soccer field. FMI: Coach Alex George, 601- 484-8697.
• Tuberculosis (TB) certification workshop, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Workforce Development.
• Back to School with MCC event, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Multi-Purpose Center. FMI: Adrian Cross, (601) 483-8241.