Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to email@example.com (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information, call (601) 482-7455, unless otherwise noted:
• Dec. 1 – ACT Review Workshop, 8:30 a.m., Webb Hall Room 100.
• Dec. 3-6 – Continuing Education: Distribution Training, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Workforce Development Center.
• Dec. 3-5 – Continuing Education: Call Center Customer Service, from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Webb Hall.
• Dec. 4 – Continuing Education: Microsoft Word, from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., Webb Hall.
• Dec. 7 – Continuing Education: Forklift Training, from 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Workforce Development Center.
• Dec. 8 – ACT testing, 8 a.m., Ivy Hall. FMI: Mark Gunn, (601) 484-8652.
• Dec. 13 – Practical Nursing Program Pinning Ceremony, 2 p.m., Riley Health Center Room H240. FMI: Lara Collum, (601) 484-8728.
• Dec. 14 – Associate Degree Nursing Pinning Ceremony, 1 p.m., Temple Theater. FMI: Dr. Betty Davis, (601) 484-8745.
• Dec. 14 – Winter Graduation, 7 p.m., Temple Theater, Downtown Meridian. For more information: Soraya Welden, (601) 484-8628.
• Dec. 15 – Continuing Education: Street Defensive Driving, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Workforce Development Center. FMI: (601) 482-8892.
• Dec. 17 – College closes for winter break. College reopens for business Jan. 2, 2013; spring classes begin Jan. 7.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Mississippi State University, Meridian campus:
• Dec. 1 – GMAT Workshop – (601) 484-0254
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at East Central Community College:
• Through Dec. 7 – Preregistration for all students, including current and incoming students.
For more information, a registration guide is available online at eastms.edu, or campus registrars can be reached at (662) 243-1920 at the Golden Triangle campus or (662) 476-5040.
- MCC HEADWAE recipients honored by state legislators
- Excellence in education: Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014
- COMPETES AT STATE DECA
- UWA to host Penn State researcher for annual symposium
- Poplar Springs students selected for statewide choir
- EMBDC announces Fall 2013 Head of the Class
- ECCC to host Smthsonian Exhibit on “The Way We Worked”
- ECCC FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES
- ECCC, MUW announce partnership in culinary arts
- School News: Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014
- More Education Headlines