The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at city and county public, private, home and faith-based schools:
• Meridian Public School District registration, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., at each school location.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College:
• Summer Day Term II classes begin. For more information, contact Angela Payne, (601) 481-1357.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at East Central Community College:
• Registration for the July session of summer classes offered at East Central Community College in Decatur.
Classes, which get under way July 1, are held Monday through Thursday at various locations in the five-county district.
The course offerings are as follows:
• Decatur campus: General Biology I with Lab, General Biology II with Lab, Human Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab, General Chemistry II with Lab, Methods and Materials, Principles of Macroeconomics, Commercial and Industrial Wiring, Motor Controls System, Intermediate English, English Composition I, English Composition II, Basketball Theory, Baseball Theory, American History I, American History II, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Spanish I, Spanish II, Nursing Transition, General Psychology, Introduction to Sociology, and Marriage and Family.
• Carthage campus: English Composition II. Classes are offered at the Leake County Career-Technical Center.
• Forest campus: Res/Light Commercial Wiring and English Composition II. Classes are offered at the Forest/Scott County Career and Technology Center.
• Philadelphia campus: English Composition II and American History II. Classes are offered at the Philadelphia/Neshoba County Career-Technical Center.
• Louisville campus: Personal and Community Health. Classes are held at the Winston/Louisville Career-Technical Complex.
For more information, contact Dr. Randall E. Lee, vice president for student services, at (601) 635-6375 or e-mail email@example.com.