The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to email@example.com (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information, call (601) 482-7445, unless otherwise noted:
Fall break, Oct. Classes resume Oct. 9.
• Workforce Development: Forklift Training, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Workforce Development Center. FMI: (601) 484-8856.
• Term II classes begin. FMI: Angela Payne, (601) 481-1357.
MCC Workforce Development Center class, Call Center Customer Service day class, Oct. 14-16, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 601-482-7445.
• Workforce Development: Distribution Training, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Workforce Development Center.
• Workforce Development:,OSHA Construction 10-hour Certification, from 4:30 p.m.-8 p.m., Workforce Development Center.
• MCC Workforce Development: Maximize Your Smartphone or Tablet, 5:30 p.m., Webb Hall.
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at area community colleges and universities:
• Registration for Second Intensive Fall Semester at East Mississippi Community College.
On-campus classes available at Golden Triangle and Scooba campuses, as well as the college’s extensions at Naval Air Station Meridian and Columbus Air Force Base. Traditional, on-campus classes begin Oct. 14. The deadline to register is Oct. 11. The last day of regular classes is Dec. 10. Final exams are Dec. 11-12.
To learn which classes are available, at which locations, visit the homepage at www.eastms.edu and look for the intensive semester link.
Online classes: eLearning/online classes begin Oct. 21. The deadline to register is Oct. 18. The last day of classes is Dec. 6. Proctored final exams are Dec. 9-12. Visit the homepage at www.eastms.edu to see which classes are available.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.