The Meridian Star
Editor's note: School news is a schedule of upcoming events, programs and other activities on area school and college campuses.
Information for School News should be submitted to The Meridian Star by 5 p.m. on the Monday before publication. Information may be mailed to P.O. Box 1591, Meridian, MS 39301; faxed to (601) 485-1275; or e-mailed to email@example.com (photos should be in JPEG format).
Here's a look at upcoming programs and events at Meridian Community College. For more information, call (601) 482-7445, unless otherwise noted:
• GED Registration, from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Chapel Activity Room. FMI: Angela Tharp, (601) 484-8796.
• GED Registration, from 9 a.m.-noon, Chapel Activity Room. FMI: Angela Tharp, (601) 484-8796.
• GED Registration, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Chapel Activity Room. FMI: Angela Tharp, (601) 484-8796.
• Spring classes begin. FMI: Angela Payne, (601) 481-1357.
• Continuing Education session, Emergency First Response. Class also scheduled for Jan. 20.
• Dr. Martin Luther King Birthday Observance Celebration, 1 p.m., McCain Theater, Ivy Hall. FMI: Rhonda Smith, (601) 484-8645.
• Workforce Development: Cabinetry and Woodworking,
• Workforce Development: Welding/Pipefitting.
• Continuing Education: Classical Ballet.
• College closed in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Classes resume Jan. 21.
Jan. 21-Feb. 6
• Workforce Development: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basic Refresher.
• Workforce Development: Forklift Training.
• Continuing Education: ServSafe,.
• Workforce Development: Street Defensive Driving.
• Workforce Development: Principles of Air Conditioning I – Part II.
• East Mississippi Development Corp. (EMDC) Entrepreneurship Class: How to Start and Operate a Business.
• Continuing Education: Call Center Customer Service day classes.
Jan. 27-Feb. 20
• Continuing Education: Call Center Customer Service evening classes.
• Workforce Development: Principles of Air Conditioning II – Part II.
• Astronomy lecture underwritten by MCC and the Mississippi NASA Space Grant Consortium, 6 p.m., McCain Theater. FMI: Dr. Angie Carraway, (601) 484-8660.