We wish you a day of thanks
It was 392 years ago, in 1621, when Plymouth colonists shared a feast with the Wampanoag Indians in what is believed to be one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations.
- Don't put responsible dog owners on a short leash
Citizens have a right to speak at, but not disrupt, city council meetings
We were glad to see the Meridian City Council earlier this week voted to reinstate citizens' comments.
Meridian High a pleasant surprise
We have run our share of local stories in The Meridian Star pages of youth violence, teenagers involved in area crimes and allegations of school to prison pipelines.
Our View: September 29, 2013
Withholding information about burglaries bad idea
Meridian Police Department Chief James Lee has decided to no longer release information about the location and number of burglaries that occur within the city.
- Boys & Girls Club provides real solutions
- How can we help Meridian succeed?
- Mississippi gun legislation could backfire
- City's future in new hands
- More Editorials Headlines
- We wish you a day of thanks