Dead fish stink and so does dam problem
The city of Meridian has known for six years that the dam at Long Creek Reservoir was structurally unsound and would need to be repaired or the lake would have to be drained — and did absolutely nothing about it.
- Waiving testing requirements for city employees poor decision
Cutting counter-drug training facilities a mistake
We are all for streamlining federal programs and cutting wasteful programs to reduce the gluttonous national debt of $17.5 trillion.
- No excuse of inhumane treatment of animals
Officials on track with student recognition
Soon, area residents will see yard signs all over the city of Meridian that read, "My Child is an Honor Roll Student."
Teacher pay raises step in right direction
We were glad to see the Mississippi Legislature passed a much-needed pay raise for the state's teachers.
- Mayor needs to lay chief controversy to rest
Collaboration key to moving area forward
Mike McGrevey, the city of Meridian's new chief administrative officer, has said he wants to develop a good working relationship with Lauderdale County officials.
- State controlled schools not the answer
- Profile 2014 submission deadline fast approaching
- More Editorials Headlines
- Dead fish stink and so does dam problem