Gov. Phil Bryant, front left, confers with Republican members of the state's Washington delegation following a Mississippi Military Communities Council news conference in Jackson, Miss., Thursday, Aug. 8, 2013. The council promotes the state's military missions at the national level and advises Gov. Bryant and legislative officials on actions that could potentially impact the missions and those communities that support them, such as Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, the Columbus Air Force Base in Columbus, and Naval Air Station in Meridian, Miss. (AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis)
- Biz Marquee
- New Today
(PHOTOS) EMCC Wins National Championship
Slideshow from the East Mississippi Community College National Championship win in Biloxi.
High resolution photos can be viewed at
December 9, 2013
- Miss. man charged in fatal La. collision
- Ex-officer to plead guilty in JPD bribery case
- Authorities target peddlers of counterfeit goods
- Man charged with assault on police officer
- (PHOTOS) EMCC Wins National Championship Slideshow from the East Mississippi Community College National Championship win in Biloxi. High resolution photos can be viewed at http://themeridianstar.smugmug.com/Sports/EMCC-National-Champions/35256383_MfR3vh#!i=2957460549&k=BZ7r378
Do you think too many or too few restrictions are placed on schools when it comes to disciplining students?
- Twitter Updates
- AP Video
- Raw: Biden Signs Mandela Condolence Book Torre, La Russa, Cox Elected to Baseball Hall New American Airlines Emerges As Deal Closes Raw: 30 Car Pileup in Milwaukee East Coast Storm Dumps Snow, Snarls Traffic Raw: Storm Causes Dozens of Crashes in Wisconsin Amish School Shooting: Horror, Then Healing Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Chicken, Eggs Five Receive Kennedy Center Honors Memorial to Actor Paul Walker Raw: Protesters in Kiev Topple Lenin Statue Raw: Huge Protests in Tense Ukrainian Capital Raw: Prayers and Celebrations for Mandela Raw: US Detainee Home From North Korea
- Hyperlocal Search
Audio: How can we better prepare for tornadoes?
An NPR broadcast examines the question of how communities can better prepare for tornadoes like the one that struck Moore, Okla. on Monday. The broadcast features commentary from Michael Fitzgerald, who reported a five-part disaster series for the CNHI News Service.
May 22, 2013 1 Photo
- Photos: Aftermath of massive tornado in Moore
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
- Audio: How can we better prepare for tornadoes?