Patsy Breeland, left, of Pachuta, stands with her daughter, Amber Thomas, after Breeland took first place honors in the Jimmie Rodgers Festival Poster contest. Bob Huff, president of Community Bank in Meridian, announced the winners at an unveiling reception Thursday at the 2nd Annual contest at Community Bank.
- Biz Marquee
- New Today
(PHOTOS) EMCC Wins National Championship
Slideshow from the East Mississippi Community College National Championship win in Biloxi.
High resolution photos can be viewed at
December 9, 2013
- Miss. man charged in fatal La. collision
- Ex-officer to plead guilty in JPD bribery case
- Authorities target peddlers of counterfeit goods
- Man charged with assault on police officer
- (PHOTOS) EMCC Wins National Championship Slideshow from the East Mississippi Community College National Championship win in Biloxi. High resolution photos can be viewed at http://themeridianstar.smugmug.com/Sports/EMCC-National-Champions/35256383_MfR3vh#!i=2957460549&k=BZ7r378
Do you think too many or too few restrictions are placed on schools when it comes to disciplining students?
- Twitter Updates
- AP Video
- Raw: Storm Causes Dozens of Crashes in Wisconsin Amish School Shooting: Horror, Then Healing Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Chicken, Eggs Five Receive Kennedy Center Honors Memorial to Actor Paul Walker Raw: Protesters in Kiev Topple Lenin Statue Raw: Huge Protests in Tense Ukrainian Capital Raw: Prayers and Celebrations for Mandela Raw: US Detainee Home From North Korea North Korea Deports US Tourist and War Vet DC Builders Unite to Create Gingerbread Village World Reacts to Mandela's Passing Raw: UK Floods Force Thousands to Evacuate Biopic Stars Ponder Mandela's Legacy Icy Blast of Winter Weather Hits South, Midwest Raw: South Africans Mourn Nelson Mandela Spin City: Cargo Bicycles Gain Traction in NW Survivor Remembers Train Shooting 20 Years Later Raw: Bucks' Sanders Ticketed in Nightclub Fight No Charges for Heisman Hopeful Jameis Winston
- Hyperlocal Search
Audio: How can we better prepare for tornadoes?
An NPR broadcast examines the question of how communities can better prepare for tornadoes like the one that struck Moore, Okla. on Monday. The broadcast features commentary from Michael Fitzgerald, who reported a five-part disaster series for the CNHI News Service.
May 22, 2013 1 Photo
- Photos: Aftermath of massive tornado in Moore
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
- Audio: How can we better prepare for tornadoes?