Arjen Lagendijk, president of the Mississippi Council of Navy League, presents the Stennis Award to Ship Serviceman Seaman Courtney Cummings during graduation ceremonies at Naval Technical Training Center on board Naval Air Station Meridian, Miss., June 14, 2013. Seaman Cummings is only the third Sailor to earn this prestigious award in the past 2 ½ years. The award is named after the late senator from Mississippi, the Honorable John C. Stennis, who was instrumental in the bringing the air station to Meridian in 1961. (U.S. Navy Photo by Penny Randall/released)
- Biz Marquee
- New Today
(PHOTOS) EMCC Wins National Championship
Slideshow from the East Mississippi Community College National Championship win in Biloxi.
High resolution photos can be viewed at
December 9, 2013
- Miss. man charged in fatal La. collision
- Ex-officer to plead guilty in JPD bribery case
- Authorities target peddlers of counterfeit goods
- Man charged with assault on police officer
- (PHOTOS) EMCC Wins National Championship Slideshow from the East Mississippi Community College National Championship win in Biloxi. High resolution photos can be viewed at http://themeridianstar.smugmug.com/Sports/EMCC-National-Champions/35256383_MfR3vh#!i=2957460549&k=BZ7r378
Do you think too many or too few restrictions are placed on schools when it comes to disciplining students?
- Twitter Updates
- AP Video
- Raw: Biden Signs Mandela Condolence Book Torre, La Russa, Cox Elected to Baseball Hall New American Airlines Emerges As Deal Closes Raw: 30 Car Pileup in Milwaukee East Coast Storm Dumps Snow, Snarls Traffic Raw: Storm Causes Dozens of Crashes in Wisconsin Amish School Shooting: Horror, Then Healing Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Chicken, Eggs Five Receive Kennedy Center Honors Memorial to Actor Paul Walker Raw: Protesters in Kiev Topple Lenin Statue Raw: Huge Protests in Tense Ukrainian Capital Raw: Prayers and Celebrations for Mandela Raw: US Detainee Home From North Korea
- Hyperlocal Search
Audio: How can we better prepare for tornadoes?
An NPR broadcast examines the question of how communities can better prepare for tornadoes like the one that struck Moore, Okla. on Monday. The broadcast features commentary from Michael Fitzgerald, who reported a five-part disaster series for the CNHI News Service.
May 22, 2013 1 Photo
- Photos: Aftermath of massive tornado in Moore
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
- Audio: How can we better prepare for tornadoes?